Thursday, 19 November 2009

I-phone blues

I am still in two minds about this i-phone. Damn its sleek black and silver lines and its quirky novelty apps. Despite the fact that the things I used my old 'normal' phone for most - making calls, texting, setting reminders, taking photos and listening to Radio 4 - aren't really as good on the i-phone, I find I am still fatally seduced by all its bells and whistles, which frankly, I don't need. Can you ever go back, when you've tasted the forbidden fruit  - i.e. Apple?

I have until Monday to return it and go back to my old phone and payment plan. Decisions, decisions.

Meanwhile I shall spend the weekend exploring my Googlemaps function, my Shazam tune recognition app and my stanza e-books, and tipping my phone screen from portrait to landscape and back again.

8 comments:

  1. I'm going to confuse you even more now. I asked the 17yo daughter, who has 2 phones inc an i-Phone, which was the best. She didn't even hesitate and said the Blackberry 8900. She really is gadget-girl and drools over phones and computers (she's also good at maths...don't know where it all came from), Tweets ALL DAY, and sends emails rather than texts. I might add here that I pay for the contract, but it's been worth every penny and stopped the phone envy for the time being.
    MrH got the i-Phone in the States and I hacked it onto Orange pay as you go. It's in a drawer nowadays. Maybe I should give it an outing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. In an even greater dilemma now. Too much choice! Stupid thing is, I didn't even need a new phone. I was very happy with my sony ericsson. I just fancied an i-phone, and when they became available on Orange, it was just too tempting. Blackberry sounds a bit high powered for me. Don't actually want to be 'in contact' all the time. Quite like going off the radar. What does Mr H use now, and why is the i-phone in the drawer? I would certainly recommend having a go with an i-phone though, if you have access to one. They are amazing.

    Thanks for your advice

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh to live in a place where you can get a mobile phone signal ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. then I could post tweets like- just stepped in cow shite, just stepped in mud, just stepped in sheep shite, it's raining.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want an iphone and wouldn't feel guilty about it but cannot afford £30 a month for a contract. So to assuage your guilt why not keep paying for it but send the phone to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not that guilty Karen - sorry! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you could do it as a random act of kindness ;-)

    ReplyDelete